The Liebster Award
OMG!! I've been nominated for a Liebster Award. This is so exciting! I've been blogging for some time and I've seen a huge growth since I really started to dedicate the time to this labor of love. Thanks to Jessica of the The Reinvention of Jessica for granting me with this honor! So what is a Liebster Award? Well, it's not an actual award, but a recognition of your peers. Bloggers that are starting out or that are still growing are elegible for this community based recognition and have the chance to pay it forward, as well.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the nominating blogger
- Nominate 11 blogs that are new and/or have small followings.
- Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Jessica's Questions for Me:
- How long have you been blogging? 2 years
- You have a plane ticket to anywhere in the world. Where do you go? I would go to Bali Indonesia. My dream destination.
- What's your guilty pleasure? Watching The Real Housewives of whatever with a glass of wine and Ghirardelli chocolate squares (Milk Chocolate with Almond and Sea Salt)
- What's your favorite blog post you've ever written? The New Year's Day post in 2014: Happy New Year! It was my very first post using my my new DSLR camera my husband got me for Christmas. I was so proud!
- Who is your favorite fictional character? MacKayla Lane from the Fever Series. She's a total badass that discovers herself and her sexuality in the Urban Fantasy book series by Karen Marie Moning.
- Werewolves, vampires, or zombies? Vampires. I've been obsessed since Interview with the Vampire.
- What is your favorite movie quote? "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" -Moulin Rouge
- If you could live in any fictional world (from any book, TV show, or movie), which one would you choose? Why? New Orleans 1791 from Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire. Parties, fashion, and sexy vampires, that's why.
- What's your favorite comfort food? Pollo guisado y arroz con habichuelas (Dominican for Fricassee Chicken with Rice and Beans)
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? Anne Hathaway (with a Perm, lol)
- How do you handle writer's block? I step away from the computer and only return when I have something to write.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I'm double jointed.
- I didn't learn how to speak proper Spanish until I was 9, when I moved to Puerto Rico.
- I'm really clumsy. I trip on my own feet all the time.
- I'm terrified of cats. Ever since I saw a movie when I was a kid where a bunch of cats were eating this woman in a chair ALIVE, they scare the Hell outta me.
- I can't eat rice mixed with beans. I serve it on my plate, but it can't be in my mouth at the same time. It's a sensory thing, I suppose.
- I have a B.A. in Political Science, an M.S in Natural Resource Conservation and I work as a trainer for a technology company, plus as an Online Fashion Correspondent for Style Lush TV on the side.
- I'm a total beach bum, but now I live inland so boo-hoo.
- I drove without a license till I was 26. Never got a ticket, never got in any accidents.
- My husband and I were together for 10 years before we got married.
- I always have enough will power to not buy a jar of Nutella, because I know that if I had it at home I would probably eat the entire thing in one sitting.
- I actually enjoy an intense workout. I get really competitive so if I'm in a challenge or have a partner, I wanna beat everyone.
- How did you start blogging?
- What motivates you to get up everyday?
- What's your pet peeve?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What is your fashion Do?
- What is your fashion Don't?
- If you could have dinner with anyone (Alive, dead or fictional), who would it be? Why?
- If you had a choice and unlimited funds, where would you live?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your ultimate goal in life?