4th of July & Your Pets
Happy Fourth of July, friends! I hope you're all having a wonderful and safe holiday. With that said, I wanted to share some tips to keep your pets safe during this week. I know we all love to pop or go watch fireworks, but we should definitely keep in mind that our pets can get extremely anxious during these celebrations. This anxiety can cause your pets to run away, looking for a safer haven and they might lose their way back home. If you're planning to play with fireworks at home or go out to celebrate, there are certain precautions you can take to keep your pets safe. More information is available at the American Veterinary Medical Association.
1. Make sure your pets ID's are up to date and is not easily removed.
2. If your pets are microchipped, make sure the contact information is up to date.
3. Take a current photo of your pet, just in case.
4. If your pet already shows signs of high anxiety, you might want to consult with your Veterinarian or Veterinary Behavorist for possible medical advice to minimize the anxiety during the Fireworks going off.
5. When you leave home, if they are indoor pets leave lights on and you can leave TV or Radio on for them. If they are outdoor pets, make sure your fence and perimeter are secure. Consider other options, like a pet sitter or pet hotel.
6. After the festivities, check your yard for any fireworks debris or anything they can ingest, (including foods) that might be harmful for them.
Also sharing a fun, comfy outfit for your Fourth of July Festivities! I'm wearing a one-piece bathing suit and high waisted shorts. I absolutely HAD to pull up my hair because of the intense heat so a fun head wrap is the perfect accessory. A pair of statement earrings with retro red sunnies to complete the look, giving those classic Americana vibes with a touch of glam. I'm eating super clean these days so the perfect summer drink is fruit and berry infused water. I've been loving this one with strawberries, raspberries, and mint. Well, I hope you have a fabulous and safe Independence Day, everybody!